Polish baby is aggressive towards others

TurkeyLoverIguess

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2019
Not too long ago my family made the decision to buy and ship some pre-hatched babies, we chose a few chicks and a mystery box of chickens. We've raised chicks a multitude of times so we know what we're doing but never before have we had such an aggressive chick.

She seems to have a fixation on eyes, always aiming for them, she usually grabs onto a chicks eyelid and doesn't let go, one time we watched her grab a chicks wing and drag her across the brooder. She doesn't seem aggressive other than that, she'll sleep just fine next to the others and sometimes groom the other chicks, I just want to know if anyone has any clue what's going on with her.

azygous

Enabler
11 Years
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado Rockies

TurkeyLoverIguess

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2019
You have an aggressive chick. This behavior can be dealt with. I wrote an article for BYC with all sorts of suggestions for you to try. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/aggressive-baby-chicks-and-how-to-stop-the-behavior.72029/ This behavior is almost always outgrown in a very short time.

If none of those things work, come back here. I have one more suggestion if it appears the chick is going to be that way by temperament.
This worked like a charm! She didnt take to the distractions but after a day of "pecking" her when she pecked another chick's eye and shes just a normal chicken.

Top Bottom