1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Polish Bantam breeders~ sex of 4 wk old chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickee, Sep 5, 2010.

1. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

These are my first Polish Bantams and I don't have a clue to how to tell their sex. Sexing tips would be appreciated! [​IMG] THANKS!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    are the top 2 pics the same chick ?

3. chickee

Quote:Yes, top two pictures side by side blue chick and bottom pictures side to side splash chick.

4. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    both pullets [​IMG]

5. chickee

Quote:Thank-you so much! I was hoping for a pair, But two pullets are better than 2 roosters!! [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    X2
    Both Hen.s [​IMG]

7. chickee

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

X2
    Both Hen.s [​IMG]

Thanks Mrs. Fluffy Puffy for a double confirmation that both these Polish chicks are pullets! [​IMG] I bought them to keep a single chick that hatched out of my August hatch company. I have promised them to a friend/BYC member and she is happy they are both pullets [​IMG] They sure are cute and friendly, so it is going to be hard to give them up! But they will be going to a super good home!! [​IMG]

8. skya328

skya328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    They look like pullets to me, too. I read on a Polish Breeders website that the ones with the more pointy feathers on their head are cockerels and the fuller, fluffy feathers on their heads are pullets. It was true for all of my Polish. I have two roos and a hen. Wish it had been the other way around for me, though!

9. chickee

Quote:Thanks so much skya328 [​IMG] I was wondering what to look for in the future! When I am set up for Bantams I plan on getting some Buff Laced Polish Bantams from a friend! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by