Polish Bantam hen coughing and sneezing...

ScattyFrizz

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 10, 2012
Hi all, Just wondered if you could help me please as I am new to chickens and have a slight problem...

I incubated my two GL Polish bantams last spring and they are currently 10 months old. Never had a problem with them. About 10 days ago I bought a SL wyandotte, a Pekin and a Sussex, all seem fine.

Yesterday I noticed that my Polish is coughing and sneezing, gurgling and sounds quite raspy. She also stretches her neck and opens her beak (like its too hot) and flicks/shakes her head like she has something in her throat. She looks fine in herself, not puffed up, is up and about, eyes and nose are clear and vent is clean. She is the only one like this.

I put the heat lamp on for them at about 5pm yesterday and locked them in the shed (they have a coop inside the shed and an outdoor run onto block paving then mud), was thinking of just leaving them all in there for a week or so because we are due rain all week and don't want her getting worse.

Will they be okay just in the shed with the lamp on? Do you know what is likely to be wrong with her? Are the others likely to catch it? Thanks :)

Could these symptoms be seen through having an impacted crop? Have had a feel of their crops and hers feels harder than the other... Please help.

Back
Top Bottom