1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Polish bantam hen with one goopy eye, help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by elieugene6, Sep 10, 2010.

1. elieugene6

elieugene6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Western ny
    She is in quarantine. Has been there for about three weeks now. No signs of sneezing, coughing, mites, lice, worms or anything like that. She has been rubbing her face on the shavings and I took her out to take a look. Her one eye is goopy and has feathers and bedding stuck to it. Is it possible for this to be a grooming issue or is she sick. Her other eye is perfectly bright and clear. Her top poof is very long covers her eyes a lot. I tried to trim a little but it is still growing in, she is fairly young like 15wks. I originally tried trimming due to noticing a bit of watery substance from this same eye and thinking it was her poof she couldn't see a thing and rubber band thing wasn't working. I don't have much experience with polish she is a dumb person rescue. They got her from the fair as a gag gift for someones birthday and fed her just bird seed for a week. Poor thing not even any grit. I met the guy they got her from, as he was selling a bunch and taking care of all sales. I picked up a pair of bantam cochins myself. So I am very concerned due to her being in same quarantine area as them.

2. elieugene6

elieugene6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Western ny
    anyone?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by