Polish Boys?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by carolinasculpture, May 17, 2011.

1. carolinasculpture

carolinasculpture Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Hi! My Polish "boys" are now 7ish weeks old and I was hoping that there would be "enough to go on" for a trained eye. I took these "guys" in to my DD's second grade class when they were about a week old and they voted on what they thought the genders were. Now I am to take them back in on Friday for another visit. I was hoping to be able to tell the students the actual sex of each one. We are new to Polish, but were kinda thinking they are both boys. There is no crowing yet, but they do sort of "chortle" and one of them makes a different sound when one of the cats walks by, but I can't tell which one it is or if it is both of them, but at different times. If different pics would be better, let me know where to aim and I'll try to get better ones asap. Thank you all for your help! The kids are so excited! [​IMG]

Here is "Yellow"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is "Orange"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a top view of the two together...they spend a lot of time together....oh, the one on the top is Orange, the bottom is Yellow
    [​IMG]

THANKS!!

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    yes i would say roos [​IMG]

3. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I say roos

4. llaaadyel

llaaadyel Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Lower NY
    I have the same polish but I have pullets. Mine have totally different head feathers. I would say definately roos.

5. carolinasculpture

carolinasculpture Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Great! Thanks! That is what we were thinking...but weren't sure. And since they are pretty similar we didn't have anybody to compare with.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by