Polish Breeders Help

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by amysue2012, Mar 28, 2009.

1. amysue2012

amysue2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    Im not sure if I am posting in the right place. I was at an auction today and there was a pair of Gold Laced Polish. I've got one hen now but would have loved to and a pair so I would have a trio.

I lost my head and went all the way up to $20.00 a peice before I backed out, the other party got them for $21.00 each. I just couldnt see paying that much for a chicken... most of the birds at this auction usually average 2-3 maybe $5-$7 each. Anyhow, I guess my question is... is a Gold Laced Polish normally valued at this price?

And I know alot of things are held in the eye of the beholder. Im just wondering now if I backed out too soon?

2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Breeder to Show Quality Polish can go for that or more. But cheap auction birds do not. If they didn't look SQ they weren't worth that. But it all goes by "how bad do you want it?" at an auction. Just my 2 cents. [​IMG]

3. amysue2012

amysue2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    Thanks fattie...they looked great to me [​IMG] but Im not sure on SQ

4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:If you are going to breed get a copy of the American Poultry Associations Standard of Perfection. Learn the standard for Golden Polish, talk to other breeders and see if you can get photos of really good Golden Polish to carry with you when you shop. You will be able to make more educated buying decisions.

The Polish Breeders Club

Good Luck, I love the Golden Polish, they are beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by