Polish Chic - Something wrong!?!? please read!!!

My Urban Chicks

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 5, 2010
Forney, TX
My 3week old Polish chic looks like she has watery eyes and seems lethargic.

I filled their feeder this morning and noticed that everyone went to the feeder, but she just stood there, not eating like the others. I picked her up and her eyes look watery and she never opened both of them together. She chirped a little, but not like she usually does. I sat her down next to the water and she just stands there like she's sleeping. A few minutes later I checked and she's in the same spot, next to the water, sitting now.
They are on chick starter and electrolytes in their water.
What should I do?

I am so sorry to hear about your little chick. I am just a newb but I know think you should at least separate her from the others while you wait for someone who knows more to answer. Make sure she is kept warm.

From what my friend said to do when my baby was not eating or drinking (she had other symptoms too though) - I would gently dip her beak in the water with electrolytes. Do this every 10-15 minutes for a couple of hours (at least this was with a 3 day old... maybe not as often with a 3 week old? I am not sure, I am sorry.). Then try dipping her beak in water then food right after. Some people say its good to give them a tiny bit of yogurt too.

I wish I could help you more.

Do a search on this forum for watery eyes and see if there are other posts with the same problem. That might help too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom