Polish. Chick

tesmith_2

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2018
I have a two month old Polish chick she keeps sneezing. She is doing it all of the time no discharge yet I have here separated from my other chicks. What should I do

Sneezing is usually from a respiratory irritant. How are you keeping it? Fresh air exchange is important as well as dry bedding.
I have had her in the house and she started getting better and took her back outside and she started sneezing again. I clean my chickens bedding every day. Very clean in the coop. What kind of bedding do you use?

I use pine shavings. Strange it improved, but got worse outside. Is it a wet sneeze or just a dry sneeze? Does she do it a lot? Sorry I haven't any better thoughts or information.
I use the same thing in my coop. It is s dry sneeze. She is just sleeping a lot in the coop. The other chicks are doing fine. I think she just has allergies. Thanks for the help..

If she is sleepy and sneezing every few minutes, it could be a respiratory virus called infectious bronchitis. It can also cause a clear nasal drainage and gasping. Keep your bedding very dry, since water spills can cause mild growth, especially in warm weather.

They most likely would have been exposed already at the same time as the sneezing pullet, so probably not really necessary to separate her from others which will disrupt pecking order. Infectious bronchitis tends to move through a flock over weeks or months affecting most of them. Still, you may not be dealing with it, unless you see more with symptoms. Hopefully, it is just something irritating her nostrils.

Back
Top Bottom