1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

polish chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by charliesgirl, Apr 22, 2009.

1. charliesgirl

charliesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MN
    so i was thinking about gettig a polish chick... i never really see any polish chicks, are they hard to find or hard to raise? is there a catch? i think it would be so fun to have something different and so interesting looking to add to my batch of chicks. any info would be much appreciated.

2. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    polish chicks are awsome. they are easy to raise. easy to sex out.

here is a pic of my white crested blue polish roo.
    [​IMG]

3. charliesgirl

Mar 25, 2009
    MN
    the place i work at are getting st. run and assorted colors, any way you can give me an educated guess or any hints and tips so i dont get a roo? i love how gorgeous the roos are but i already picked out a roo so i really dont want to have to downsize a pretty bird im attatched to later on

4. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    one way is the male feathers are darker than the females, say you look at 2 golden polish, check out there tiny feathers growing in on the wing a male has a dark color to them a female has a lighter brighter color to them, and the same with the other color polish.

5. Spires6

Spires6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    When I firwst started to keep chickens, a friend down the road gave me some polish chicks she had hatched. They were easy to raise and very friendly. They became great pets. Good luck!

6. charliesgirl

Mar 25, 2009
    MN
    oh thank you so much. i will be sure to look at every one i can get my hands on. haha. they go fast when we get them in so i will be sure to pick out my 1 fuzzy butt, i will prolly be bringing home more than one tho. [​IMG] thank you for the tip!!! much appreciated!!!! any other tips or rules i need to know about polish babies?

7. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    they are just the same as others keep them in heat 95 for week then down to 90 and down 5 degrees avery week. when you get them home give them suger water.

8. charliesgirl

Mar 25, 2009
    MN
    thank you shay20!! your roo is gorgeous by the way!!!

9. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    thanks. i love that boy. they are too cute when they get older, becouse he cant see becouse of his head feathers so he follows our feet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by