1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Polish Chickens -- What color eggs do they lay?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chicksgalore, Jul 28, 2008.

1. chicksgalore

chicksgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    I saw one of these where we were camping last week and wouldn't mind adding 1 or 2 to my flock. What color eggs do they lay though and what size?

2. ml

ml Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    White eggs. Several polish hens here and all of them lay white eggs.

ML

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Can someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought one could always tell by the earlobes... White earlobes mean white eggs and red earlobes mean brown/tan or another color other than white...

Of course, Silkies have blue earlobes so that's another thing altogether... Hee hee.

4. emandmikey

emandmikey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    Chicken Lady - I've heard the same thing about the earlobes... I didn't know silkies had blue ones!!! Their eggs are white though too right?

5. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
  6. chicksgalore

chicksgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Thanks for the replies. I just started selling my eggs (brown) and am not sure if I want to add white to the mix. Does anyone sell both and maybe offer the white at a lesser price?

Thanks for the chart, cthrash1; I'm going to add this to my favorites.

7. jerseyblack

jerseyblack New Egg

May 18, 2015
    Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by