Polish chicks due to hatch withing week or so

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by michellelei1, Dec 8, 2008.

1. michellelei1

michellelei1 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2008
    Brockton, MA
    I have some eggs from my sons one hen and roo that will be due to hatch strarting around Friday, Dec.12 My question is, Would anyone be interested in a Polish Roo chick if we get any? We can't keep the roo's. My son's roo and hen is now with in-laws cause a neighbor complained about his crowing and the board of health said we can't keep him here(we didn't want to separate them). We will be keeping the girls but unfortunately not the roo's. We live in Brockton, MA.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are our pride and joy chickens!

2. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    There is a forum at the bottom of the page for buying and selling (and giving) chicks. I'm sure someone will snatch them up. I wish I could, but I'm too far away.

3. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    I am learning all kinds of names and looks of chicks..I always thought there were just plain chicks and I am finding out there isn't ..I love all the different looks I see, going to have to get me some and start going to shows. I like you chickien you are holding.[​IMG]

4. michellelei1

michellelei1 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2008
    Brockton, MA
    The one that's being held is our roo Puff (not very masculine, I know). We thought he was the girl cause he was so much smaller than our hen. Now he's twice the size of Ommy. Surprise! The hen is Ommy (Omlet originally). They're our first chickens. My son wanted them and of course our family fell in love with them. We hatched them too. In the spring we want to get some Silkie hens. Ommy just started laying eggs but she doesn't sit on them. She just lays them wherever she wants and walks away. So far, we've got nine eggs. I've checked five of the eggs and we got four that are still going strong. The first one looks like it died but we're giving it a day or two more. It was supposed to hatch today. So hopefully, starting Friday and every two-three days after, we'll have some babies.

5. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    I want to get some pretty different chicks to be pets with names and lay eggs and not end up in my frying pan. I wish you luck with your hatch.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by