Polish chicks from TSC...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SunAngel, Apr 20, 2009.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I wandered into another TSC yesterday and came home with these 4 chickies (plus 3 more bantams). I am guessing they are Buff Polish, do you agree?

Don't you just love it when they blatantly ignore you....lol
    [​IMG]
    Ok maybe we will turn around a little....
    [​IMG]
    Fine take a front shot, but we aren't going to look at you!
    [​IMG]
    You done yet? We are getting bored!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  2. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    They do look like polish chicks... soooo adorable! I wish my TSC had them [​IMG]

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Their feathers are coming in kind of light, but I'm going to say Buff Laced Polish.

I got lucky and got the Golden Laced from the TSC. They didn't know what they were and put in them on clearance because they were different. [​IMG]

4. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Our TSC didn't get any 'special' standard breeds in either. Just RIR, RSLs and Amberlinks.

A friend of ours happened to mention the TSC they went to in another town had chicks and I just had to go see what they had. They had these mixed in with some assorted bantams, but I was pretty sure these weren't bantams.

Thanks!!! Buff laced would be great! Now I just hope I got at least 1 pullet in the group! I would have loved to find some Gold and Silver Laced. Silly me didn't add any of those to my Ideal order due this week!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  5. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Cute!!! I got 4 polish chicks from TSC and they're now 6 weeks old and some quite awful, uh I mean......um.....different and interesting looking things [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    They do give a new meaning to the 'ugly' phase lol. They look quite goofy at a couple months old, at least my WC blacks did.

7. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    Man I wish my TSC would get bantys [​IMG]

Those are the cutest little kids. [​IMG]

8. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I don't think these guys are bantams though. They are twice as big as the bantams that were in the same bin. I think they were just running low on both and tossed them together.

I almost missed them cause they were yellow/white and I really didn't want anymore white chickens. Once I looked closer at their heads and wing feathers, I snatched up as many as I could justify getting lol.

9. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Lucky my TSC did have any special breeds in [​IMG] I really wanted a polish to lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by