1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Polish chicks from TSC...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SunAngel, Apr 20, 2009.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I wandered into another TSC yesterday and came home with these 4 chickies (plus 3 more bantams). I am guessing they are Buff Polish, do you agree?

Don't you just love it when they blatantly ignore you....lol
    [​IMG]
    Ok maybe we will turn around a little....
    [​IMG]
    Fine take a front shot, but we aren't going to look at you!
    [​IMG]
    You done yet? We are getting bored!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  2. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    They do look like polish chicks... soooo adorable! I wish my TSC had them [​IMG]

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Their feathers are coming in kind of light, but I'm going to say Buff Laced Polish.

I got lucky and got the Golden Laced from the TSC. They didn't know what they were and put in them on clearance because they were different. [​IMG]

4. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Our TSC didn't get any 'special' standard breeds in either. Just RIR, RSLs and Amberlinks.

A friend of ours happened to mention the TSC they went to in another town had chicks and I just had to go see what they had. They had these mixed in with some assorted bantams, but I was pretty sure these weren't bantams.

Thanks!!! Buff laced would be great! Now I just hope I got at least 1 pullet in the group! I would have loved to find some Gold and Silver Laced. Silly me didn't add any of those to my Ideal order due this week!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  5. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Cute!!! I got 4 polish chicks from TSC and they're now 6 weeks old and some quite awful, uh I mean......um.....different and interesting looking things [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    They do give a new meaning to the 'ugly' phase lol. They look quite goofy at a couple months old, at least my WC blacks did.

7. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    Man I wish my TSC would get bantys [​IMG]

Those are the cutest little kids. [​IMG]

8. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I don't think these guys are bantams though. They are twice as big as the bantams that were in the same bin. I think they were just running low on both and tossed them together.

I almost missed them cause they were yellow/white and I really didn't want anymore white chickens. Once I looked closer at their heads and wing feathers, I snatched up as many as I could justify getting lol.

9. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Lucky my TSC did have any special breeds in [​IMG] I really wanted a polish to lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by