Polish chicks is the agreement now gender questions ( lots of pics)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HeatherLynn, May 16, 2010.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Ok so I could not resist these little fuzzy heads. I think they are polish but the guy from orschlen said they were out of those. So what are these exactly? Also any hints on what I would look for with this breed on gender.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I don't know anything about polish but I do have a few chicks and those look like mine when they were younger.

3. HeatherLynn

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Well here is crossing my fingers we both have polish then. The tank was labeled and thats the breed they look like but the guy at orschlin was very positive they were out of polish so now I am not so sure.( fingers crossed)

4. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    They are Polish. Look at feathersite.com to find out about them.

5. mlove

mlove Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    tx
    I am a newbie but the polish chicks we bought looked like yours. Congrats they are so cute. I love your brown ones.

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    how many toes?

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    In the one pick, I only see four toes.

Polish.

8. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    They've all got clean legs and feet, right? No feathers? So no houdans or sultans or silkies. Definitely polish! Look like buff-laced and gold-laced. Cute babies!

9. HeatherLynn

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    They are adorable. I have these and my silkie in the house. I pick different ones to sit on my computer desk and hang out with me at night.

So one yellow one I think is male cause the little stink is so agressive and keeps trying to ride my silkie. I have an older one though who already is feathing out on head ( he kinda looks like he has devil horns atm) and its wings are feathered out and has a fair amount of tail feathers. This one the only large one at the feed store and I felt bad because the little ones were picking at it. How long till I can start guessing gender on this one. I honestly think its a girl. Granted I want it to be a girl so I have may not be objective. It has such beautiful coloring though. like a mocha brown and black. so pretty. I hope to tame it like the silkie. The silkie already has found that it likes sitting on our shoulders. It thinks its a parrot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by