Polish chicks...so small ** UPDATED PICTURES Post # 13

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ShaggysGirl, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ShaggysGirl

ShaggysGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Temperance, MI
    Hi,
    I have week old polish chicks they seem healthy but also seem so small compared to what my other chicks looked like at 1 week. Are they a smaller breed or slower growers?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  2. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Mine aren't any smaller. Post pictures please. I did have one real small one once that just didn't grow. It made it about 2 weeks and then it died.

3. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Are you sure they aren't bantam Polish? That could explain why they are so small!

My Polish usually aren't smaller than the others. I did have one Crevecoeur pullet who was teeny tiny for a very long time. She was growing but she was just small...I think she was a runt.

4. isadream

isadream Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Huntsville, Alabama
    My polish seemed small to and they were standard polish. I ended up putting them in with my silkies and sizzles instead of my buff orps, slw ect because of the size difference between them. Also the eggs were smaller then I expected.

5. ShaggysGirl

May 24, 2009
    Temperance, MI
    This is them 6 days ago when we got them they were one day old.
    [​IMG]
    We have to run out for a few when I get back I'll try to get a current pic with a quarter or something in the pic for reference.
    Thanks
    Rhonda

6. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Pretty but you are right, they do look small. I'll try to get a picture of the ones I just hatched when I get home(at work until 7:00) with something in there for comparison and maybe we can tell if they are really small or not.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  7. ShaggysGirl

May 24, 2009
    Temperance, MI
    Thanks Becky
    I wanted to post a pic but think I left my camera at work [​IMG]

edited to add. I just rechecked my order confirmation and it does say standard.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  8. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    I dont know about the size thing but all I can say is HOW very CUTE!!! I so hope my babies come in tomorrow!!! I also hope there are some of those Girls [​IMG]!!!

9. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    maybe small, but they look healthy![​IMG]

10. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    This is a pic of mine at around two weeks I think. I think mine are much smaller than my other LF breeds.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by