Polish color and gender help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bizichick, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Bizichick

Bizichick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2012
    Washington State
    I have 2 polish chicks that are about 4 1/2 wks old. Im curious to see if anyone can tell me for sure their color (Im thinking buff) and any ideas on the sex. I thought chick #1 was a roo and chick #2 was a pullet. Now I am starting to think I have both roos. Chick #2 has always been more aggressive and bold. Neither one has any red so far as I can tell and no wattles forming yet. At what age would I see wattles and combs turning red? I am so bad at this stuff, I am realizing I actually have no idea![​IMG] I have posted before but didn't get much in the way of replies....hoping for so more opinions this time. I can't keep any roos so wanting to figure it out as early as possible but also because I am obsessing about it! lol
    Thanks! [​IMG]

#1-3 chick #1
    #4-7 chick #2

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    they look like they are gonna be buffs but the leg color is wrong, it should be slate gray. as for sex, they are a little young yet

3. Bizichick

Bizichick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2012
    Washington State
    Number #2 actually does have slate/grey legs. hard to see in pic. #1 legs are more beige. Thanks for the reply.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by