Polish Creole Cockeral ???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by teresa-78, Mar 23, 2011.

1. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Is there such a thing?? I cannot find any pictures, or information on this variation of colour..

I have been offered to purchase a Frizzled Chamois Polish hen, who has been running with a creole cockeral.. She says they are both pure, and her eggs should be fertile, so my thinking was to add to my stock, and hatch some eggs while they are still fertile.. which should give me a mix of some chamois and some creole...

Or is there no such thing and I am being hoodwinked?? I have asked for pictures.. and she seems genuine enough.. Just dont want to incubate eggs and be left with mutts

Thanks for your input beforehand [​IMG]

2. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
  3. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:Try searching for "crele" instead of creOle.... it's a commonly misspelled word. [​IMG]

4. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:here link to the polish club i have the email to the breeder if u want it
    http://www.polishbreedersclub.com/crelepolish.htm

Thats great thanks, doing a browse just now on here I found it is not creole but crele.. This site is great though thankyou.. at least I know there is such a bird now [​IMG]

5. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:Try searching for "crele" instead of creOle.... it's a commonly misspelled word. [​IMG]

lol thanks I just this minute found that out, by doing a search and someone saying about the spelling, no wonder google would not bring anything up.. [​IMG] Many thanks

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I don't know about England though [​IMG] America has Crele project birds, but England I have no clue. . .

7. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    I know some people with them here, they do exist

8. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    The creles in the U.K. are unrelated to the creles in the U.S. and have been around longer than those in the U.S. the only ones I had ever heard about were belonging to Terry Beebe in the U.K. do a search for Beebe's Polands and you'll find there site, there are pics of their breeding stock but the pics are several years old.

9. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Thankyou everyone, I pick the bird up tomorrow, and plan to incubate some eggs when she has settled in and restarts laying [​IMG]

Not bad if I dont say so myself, all mine are to young to lay, so I see buying her will add to my stock, and give me fertile eggs, all in one go [​IMG]

10. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:Hiya muddyhorse.. are they crele or creole that the people you know have?? Many thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by