polish egg fs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lannabun, Jan 6, 2008.

1. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    these are 6.00 a doz pluss shipping .. pic of my male below..
    [​IMG]

2. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

i will take some , let me know a total for 1-2 doz..

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    what color are they considered? i've never seen them that coloration. they are very handsome fellows!! [​IMG] do you have a pic of ur hens also? would love to see them too!!
    thanks,
    silkie

4. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Is that the tolbunt color?

5. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    that's what i was trying to figure out but i've only seen pics of them and it's been awhile since i have seen one so i wasn't sure.
    silkie

6. lannabun

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    im really not sure the last time i posted them someone thought they might be but said coloring was off ??? i do have a silver laced set but once in while geting eggs .. ill try and get more pics of them today .. maybe can see coloring of devil lil better ..

7. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    He is super cute, but not a Tolbunt--he's not a recognized/standard Polish color, but a mix--of what, I'm not sure. I'm assuming he's got some buff laced and/or golden laced in there somewhere. Regardless, he's very pretty and $6/doz is a very fair price for eggs--because even though the offspring won't meet the standard, it would be awfully fun to see what you hatch, and in the end you'd probably end up with some cool birds! Well, Polish are pretty cool birds anyway. [​IMG] Of course I'm biased, 'cause I have a bunch!

Just FYI, here's a pic of a Tolbunt for everyone who was curious. NOTE: Not my pic, it is from the Beebe's web site (www.beebepolands.com) Hope I'm not breaking any rules by borrowing it, but the pic is also on their web site that I linked in their photo gallery. Just thought it would be easier to just post right here. Anyway, this would be a better example of the variety than you would find in the U.S., as the Beebe's are in England and so have a lot more birds to work with in this color. The gene pool here in the U.S. is very, very limited, and the birds themselves are fragile and hard to breed. But the idea is to have a feather that is gold with black and then white/cream on the tip. The Tolbunt is a bearded variety, and a white tail is considered to be a fault.

[​IMG]

8. lannabun

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    this weeks order has been spoken for .. will take a order for next week .. anyone else ?

9. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

They look like tolbunt crossed with buff laced to me, personally. VERY pretty

10. lannabun

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    todays pic of him

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by