1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Polish Egg Production

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by PRDK, Sep 14, 2016.

1. PRDK

PRDK Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2015
    Hello- I am not sure where to post this, but since I am looking for something specific, I know this site is the first place to look!

I am looking for buff laced polish breeders in the Northeast, who breed for higher egg production from their hens.

Is this the right place in the forum to look for such leads? Thank you!

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I got mine through My Pet Chicken and their egg production has been quite impressive, they lay either daily or every other day depending on the season.

3. shortgrass

shortgrass Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2015
    Northern Colorado

I bet you can help me out here ;)

I have a mystery egg showing up every other day; its teeny tiny and usually dark brown, almost purple... I have 2 Buff laced polish that I'm wondering if its one of theirs? It's either that, or an EE/silkie laying these tiny eggs.... How big were your polish eggs at onset of lay?

Thanks in advance :)

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    My buff laced polish lay large white eggs, and they were a decent size from the start, so it's probably from the mixed hen.

5. shortgrass

shortgrass Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2015
    Northern Colorado
    Thank you very much! That solves 2 mysteries for me, as I also had a good size white egg under the bushes and no owner fessed up haha.. Now I know its the Silkie EE laying the odd eggs; she's odd too, so that figures :D

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by