Polish eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by iajewel, Nov 10, 2008.

1. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Im new to the Polish breed and got some Golden Polish that were born/hatched The first week of May. They are not laying yet.. They are 6 months old. Can anyone tell me the laying habbits of the Polish. I have been told they are not broody at all, whitch is fine, but I would like some nice white eggs.. How can I bribe them? Or will they just wait untill spring and warmer weather?

2. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    You know I'd like to know too...I've got a Silver Laced Polish hen who is well over 7 months old and I'm certain she is not laying yet. NOT crowing either....so I'm sure she is just later at laying than most breeds.
    I've got a Golden Polish ROO named Elvis....just got him at a swap and he's settling in and I'd like to find him a Golden Polish hen to make MORE of him because he is a beauty!!
    Any Polish Breeders?

3. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    I think that all hens will lay when they want to. [​IMG] Don't rush them. They can't help it if they lay or not. I'm not sure at all about the polish breed, but I'm GUESSING they will lay pretty soon. Not sure about the weather. are their faces kinda reddish than usual?
    Good luck and I hope you get some eggs soon! [​IMG]

Here's a link that shows a chart of all the chicken breeds and it includes the egg color, size, and other info about the breed. Polish is on there. Take a look:
    http://www.ithaca.edu/staff/jhenderson/chooks/chooks.html#p

I hope this helps! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  4. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    when you click this link and it brings you to the breeds, just scroll down a bit and Polish is right there. [​IMG]

5. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    LOL.. impossable to rush them... If we could.. Im sure we would [​IMG]
    Im sure they are not roosters..

6. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    My 7 month old silver laced and black frizzle aren't laying yet eather. I did get some from the WCB (same age) though. Maybe by spring?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by