Polish eggs

iajewel

Songster
11 Years
Oct 22, 2008
Corning IA
Im new to the Polish breed and got some Golden Polish that were born/hatched The first week of May. They are not laying yet.. They are 6 months old. Can anyone tell me the laying habbits of the Polish. I have been told they are not broody at all, whitch is fine, but I would like some nice white eggs.. How can I bribe them? Or will they just wait untill spring and warmer weather?

You know I'd like to know too...I've got a Silver Laced Polish hen who is well over 7 months old and I'm certain she is not laying yet. NOT crowing either....so I'm sure she is just later at laying than most breeds.
I've got a Golden Polish ROO named Elvis....just got him at a swap and he's settling in and I'd like to find him a Golden Polish hen to make MORE of him because he is a beauty!!
Any Polish Breeders?

I think that all hens will lay when they want to.
wink.png
Don't rush them. They can't help it if they lay or not. I'm not sure at all about the polish breed, but I'm GUESSING they will lay pretty soon. Not sure about the weather. are their faces kinda reddish than usual?
Good luck and I hope you get some eggs soon!
smile.png

Here's a link that shows a chart of all the chicken breeds and it includes the egg color, size, and other info about the breed. Polish is on there. Take a look:
http://www.ithaca.edu/staff/jhenderson/chooks/chooks.html#p

I hope this helps!
smile.png

Last edited:
when you click this link and it brings you to the breeds, just scroll down a bit and Polish is right there.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom