Polish Experts - can you weigh in

ktpaco

Chirping
Nov 25, 2015
Hi all Polish chicken people! I was hoping to get some good opinions on how to pick out some polish chicks. I will send the pics I have that have been sent to me by the breeder from my phone, once I get this posted from my computer.

The variety of parents are - blue laced, white crested blue, and silver laced. A roo buff may have gotten in with the mix, but no guarentee on that.

With chicken math, I started out as requesting one, then figured three would be ok. Now I am up to five.

I will pick them out when they are 3 weeks old. I am so excited. They are straight run -so I get what I get when it comes to boys verses girls.

Would love to hear what you all might say about this, how to choose, what I am looking for or avoiding, and anything else you can think of.

These are for pets (have no desire to show or breed) - but I hope I can choose some pretty birds, that are true to the polish breed standards, with your help. I do like a variety - easier to name that way - so chime away please.

I'll post pics in a minute, as long as the phone doesn't give me trouble.

Here is what I have to pic from. The pan contains them all - and an up close of a few of them.
[/IMG]

Polish have very quickly become my favorite breed and it all depends on what you are using them for, are they for show or for pets? And if its for pet i really suggest the one that looks like the racoon id love to see it grow. If it is for show i dont believe blue laced is a variety but i bet would be gorgeous! No matter what you get though i promise youll fall in love, they are easy going and EXTREMELY loving and funny. My blue spalsh (the one in the second pic) named blue i can actually walk around with her and she comes when i call her name or whistle and is sooo funny. And conway my rooster will throw a fit if he isnt held or loved on. No matter what you pick i promise youll fall in love!

Thanks for your input! No, not showing - just to love on.

The breeder said she would hold all in the pan for me - and let me have first picks. I'm getting five. They will end up in their own new coop - originally I was only getting one though. I will pick them out when they are 3 weeks old. I'm just curious what to look for. i know with straight run I get what I get - are the Roos usually aggressive to each other or can they live in harmony and not kill the hens at the same time in case I pick out more Roos then hens. If not, any suggestions on how to spot a roo at 3 weeks?

Back
Top Bottom