Polish Frizzle Chick Colors

Madi131

Songster
Jun 12, 2019
Perryville Missouri
I have a splash Polish rooster. He's in the pen with all of the girls, but I only incubate the Polish eggs. It seems they're the only ones fertile anyway. I'm getting some really cool looking chicks but they're all different looking. My hens are silver laced, golden laced, and black but the black ones haven't hatched yet, they're still in the incubator.

So far my silver laced babies have consisted of some that turn out to look exactly like white crested black, some have "frosted tips" to their crest, and some just have white specks around their body. They're all mostly black. The one I kept for myself... The first hatch and only one egg was fertile out of it so how could I say no.. turned out to be a frizzle who is primarily black but his wings are ombre. They start as light grey and then fade to Black.
Snapchat-1831509910.jpg
this is chip
Snapchat-783615066.jpg
Snapchat-1854929253.jpg
and these are two of the silver laced babies. They're both smooth feathered unfortunately.

Now for my golden laced hen, her babies are crazy. I know they're hers because I marked her eggs. And when she first started laying she didn't understand the egg box so she would just bend down wherever and lay them. From her I have gotten black/yellow chicks, they're cool looking. I have also gotten a brown with golden yellow spots and this morning I have an all brown one out of the hatcher. I was wondering if any of you guys would happen to be able to tell me what it might look like? I was wondering tolbunt or something because it's got spots but who knows with these birds. I'm hoping one of the brown ones are Frizzled this time, but I'll probably just keep it if it is.
Snapchat-1464301891.jpg
the black and yellow looking guy, also smooth.
Snapchat-937487094.jpg
Snapchat-1189949031.jpg

This is one of the brown with golden specks. Another one also came out of the hatcher this morning.
Snapchat-1182958622.jpg
and here is the all brown one. Hatched last night.

Last edited:
With a splash father and black-laced mothers, I would expect all the chicks to have some amount of blue on them as they grow, but no black.

When the eggs from the black hen hatch, the chicks should all be blue (splash + black = blue.)

I'm not sure what colors these chicks will be as they grow, but they sure are cute now!

Back
Top Bottom