Polish FS, Bantam and Large Fowl Pairs/Trio ~ Maryland ~ Pics

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Crunchie, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    See post #5 for update with pictures.

I need to downsize! I've been putting it off too long. [​IMG]

I have:

White crested black bantam Polish, 4 pairs available. One pair of pet quality ($10 for the pair, nice breeding, the rooster is very nice, just missing a toenail and hen's crest isn't perfect. You could breed but would have to cull carefully if you wanted quality birds), the other 3 are potentially show quality, definitely would make nice breeding pairs ($20 per pair). These four pairs are living together and, needless to say, 4 roosters and 4 hens makes for a lot of skirmishes. These guys look rough right now. I would ask more for them if they, well, had all of their feathers. [​IMG] They are from excellent lines and just need to be moved along to a new home (with more space). They are about 6 months old and I'm just starting to get a few eggs here and there, so they should really begin laying well in the spring.

I will definitely discount those prices if someone would like 2 or more pairs. Or make me an offer on the whole pen!

White crested black large fowl Polish, 1 trio (might make it a quad). Included in this group is one pullet from last year's hatch (has a few white feathers in her body) and one (maybe two) of my 1 1/2 year-old breeding hens. I need to make room in this pen for the upcoming season. The rooster is ~6 months old and is from a different line than my own. Willing to let a group go for $15 (a bag of feed [​IMG] )

Assorted extra roosters, all large fowl. These are probably going in a friend's freezer, but if anyone is need of one, let me know. I have one bearded white Polish, a few white crested black Polish, and a couple of splash Easter Eggers (came from my pure Ameraucana stock, but I have one line that has some "glitches," one of these guys has some gold feathers). FREE.

I am NPIP certified (pullorum and AI-free).

I'm in Maryland. No shipping right now, please!

And before anybody asks (because I know one of you will [​IMG]): No, you cannot buy a pair/group and leave without the rooster. If you're leaving with a hen, you're taking the roo, too! [​IMG] Sorry, I just have too many. If I sell the hens alone, I'll never get rid of the boys.

Feel free to ask questions here or contact me by email. Link to the left or from my web site

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

hello there...do you still need a good home?

where in MD are you located?

I am new to backyard chickens tho i have had a couple as pets when i was a kid.....getting set up and doing alot of research in the meantime.

I am in cecil county MD

3. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:Hi,

I still have the bantam pairs and the trio, and probably a few roosters. I'm about 3 hours south of you, though.

4. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Hi,

I still have the bantam pairs and the trio, and probably a few roosters. I'm about 3 hours south of you, though.

ahhh ic. thanks anyway

5. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Yep, tdgill...we're quite a drive from Cecil county! Hope you find what you are looking for close by. [​IMG]

Update to my original post: Here are some pictures of what I have available.

Bantam WCB Polish rooster:
    [​IMG]

Bantam WCB Polish hen:
    [​IMG]

Group shot of my pen of bantam pairs:
    [​IMG]

Group shot of some of the large fowl WCB Polish (they're so dirty! It's so dusty in their building [​IMG]). There are 1 or 2 in this group, along with the pullet in the picture below and an unrelated rooster, that I will sell as a trio or quad:
    [​IMG]

Large fowl WCB pullet:
    [​IMG]

6. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Will you ship?

7. BethESH

BethESH Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Three hours south of Cecil County? Where does that put you? (I'm in Worcester County...)

8. Crunchie

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    WiseChicks, I really don't want to ship in the middle of winter, especially to states even colder than my own. [​IMG] And I'm hoping that these guys find new homes before it warms up!

BethESH, I'm in St. Mary's County, so I'm on the opposite side of the Bay as you. So probably about 3 hours from you, too. Meeting in Annapolis is a possibility for me, though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by