Polish gender opinions (pic heavy)

Bizichick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 22, 2012
Washington State
I have 3 polish chicks. 2 are 6 weeks old and 1 is about 10 weeks old. I am pretty confident that I can tell the gender of the younger 2. The older one I have posted a couple of times, trying to figure out its gender. I have gotten mixed responses. Hoping as it gets older, it will be easier to tell for sure. Chick # 1 is a silver laced polish. About 6 wks old. I am going with Roo on this one. Hope to be wrong, but Im thinking the mohawk gives it away! Chick # 2 is a WC polish. About 6 wks old. I am thinking from her poofy hair I have a pullet.
Chick # 3 That would be my mystery chick all the way around. It is about 10 wks old. I THINK it is a buff laced polish. I was hoping for a pullet, but kinda thinking its a Roo. Has a poofy yet kinda spikey hair do. Little bit of pink on the face but not red and not much sign of wattles. Anybody have any input for me? I can't keep any roosters so I am hoping for at least one pullet! I went a little pic crazy....was just wanting to make sure i got as many angles as possible to help. Thanks!

Bizichick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 22, 2012
Washington State
Thanks so much for the reply chickenmaniac...I hope you are right....I would love for 2 of them to be pullets. Out of curiosity...what about the 1st makes you think pullet? I kept thinking roo because of the mohawk. I am so new to this chicken thing in general and especially new to the polish. Any little details to help me along the way is appreciated!
People keep talking about saddle and hackle feathers. To be honest, Im not sure I understand what to look for when looking for those. Is that what makes you think 1 could be a pullet?

Top Bottom