Polish Hatching Eggs - Black & White Polish - $25 per dozen

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ruth, Aug 2, 2010.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I have a pen of black and white roos and B/W and solid black hens (Polish) that are laying like crazy. I've been hatching their eggs and all are fertile. I'm offering eggs at $25 per dozen plus shipping. I'll take a short list of orders because I don't like to get too far ahead and the first order can go out next week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also gathered up a few dozen today and put them in the incubator so if you want chicks, they are $5 each plus shipping and should hatch in 21 days or less since one nest has been sat on by a broody for a few days. PM me if you are interested in purchasing the chicks.

Paypal is [email protected]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:A few dozen in one day? How many of those birds do you have? They really are very pretty. I have never seen the black ones, only the black ones with a white crest. I think yours are prettier. [​IMG]

3. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Quote:A few dozen in one day? How many of those birds do you have? They really are very pretty. I have never seen the black ones, only the black ones with a white crest. I think yours are prettier. [​IMG]

Hi Kathy - sorry, no, I don't normally get a few dozen in one day but I haven't been gathering them because, as I mentioned, I had a broody who was sitting on one nest and she would go Ninja on me if I tried to go in the pen. I have several females so I get close to a half-dozen per day.

Funny thing about the one that went broody, she had been sitting on eggs and since the others kept laying in the same big nest, the pile grew and grew. Finally she hatched seven and I took the rest of the pile and put them in the incubator so she would start tending her chicks - which she did - for about 3 days. The others hatched in bator and I've raised them. But one by one 6 of the ones she had died and I think she killed them because I would just find them dead on the ground. I stopped to watch one day and she was sitting on the newest eggs and when the last little chick ran up to her she started pecking at it so I took it away and raised it also. She continued to sit and the pile grew once again. She was the most fiersome Ninja warrior mommy you've ever seen for about 3 days. I couldn't get near the pen. It was really funny to see a grown woman afraid of a tiny, bantum Polish but she was something like I've never seen here on the farm when it came to broody mommys. But....seems 3 days of motherhood was her limit and she went back to setting.

I've had broodys in every pen, in every breed, on my farm hogging nests and refusing to budge and eggs have been piling up everywhere - so I've cleaned out all pens, made fresh clean nests, and put all eggs in incubator. I'm sure I'll be having random chicks of every breed hatching daily for the next three weeks but at least now I'll now which eggs are freshly laid.

4. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Hi Kathyinmo - how many did you want to order?

5. PhoenixFeatherFarms

PhoenixFeatherFarms Songster

Apr 11, 2010
    Mooresville, IN
    Are you sure these are polish as none of the crest look like any polish I have seen. Their crest remind me more of the Spitzhauben's crest. Nice birds either was [​IMG]

6. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Quote:I was told they were Polish when I bought them from SCBirdFarm. If you are interested, I'll ask them and see what they say.

7. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Here's a few more pics. I've written SCBirdFarm to see if they can identify what they are - Polish, Spitzhaubens, Doberman Pinschers [​IMG] They were part of SCBirdFarms "variety" pack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010

8. scbirdfarm

scbirdfarm Songster

Jul 9, 2008
    Maria Stein, OH 45860
    Hi, Ruth

The Black and White ones are Black Crested White Polish & the Black ones are Black Crevecoeurs.

Thanks
    Terry

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  9. chicken boy sam

chicken boy sam Songster

Dec 21, 2009
    Join my creveceour thread....the link's in my signature...

10. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Quote:Cool - thanks Terry. Yet another breed I've never heard of so I'll look it up right away. I didn't have a male so I put the females with the black & whites. I just thought they were also Polish, just bantams. They breed well together and I've gotten many dozen chicks from them.

O.K., so now everyone knows - these are Polish/Crevecoeurs together. Could get a pure Polish since I have males and females of them, could get a mix since I only have female Crevecoeurs.

p.s. SCBirdFarm is THE place to go to buy exotic and rare breeds and they have the most amazing selection of birds. Watch for their large box "variety" specials - like Forrest Gump's Mama would say "You never know what you're gonna get." I've had lots of birds hatch from their eggs and I have to write Terry and say "what is this?"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by