polish have stopped laying

clairemac9

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 9, 2010
my 2 polish bantams have just stopped laying they seem in good health eating drinking any ideas

They could be getting ready to molt?
hmm.png

many thanks to you both they were laying quite well up untill 2 weeks ago its got me baffled

I live in Indiana and my golden comets have all the sudden stopped laying..i have seen a few more posts like ours saying hens have stopped laying...WTH?? these hens need to get it together!

Gosh, I'm in Indiana too and I can't imagine the weather we've been having would be a problem ('course, wait 10 minutes and it'll change, LOL)

Are you sure they aren't hiding them somewhere? Of all my hens, my polish is the one most likely to be laying eggs in a different place-- always has been! Don't know if she needs to feel special and find her own spot, or if she just doesn't want her eggs mixing with those "regular" gals, or what. But I'd do some searching, or watching where those 2 go and see if you can find their secret hiding place.

Just a few days ago, DH moved a bale of straw, covered with a big trash bag, into the coop to store. It's up on end, and a little bit of straw is visible through where we tied the bag together to try to close it up. Yep! That's where I found a polish egg the next day! Now I am missing eggs from her for a couple days and have a bad feeling they slid off her little perch on top of the bag . . . . slidind down inside the bag, UGH!

Back
Top Bottom