Polish hen ate hair rubberband!!! (Pictures for Reference)

PumpknMoonshine

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 19, 2012
Texas
I've been keeping this particular chicken in the house due to a recent hawk attack so she can heal completely and grow her feathers back. Well she ate one of my hair ties. She was making the gagging face so I gave her some olive oil and it seemed to stop she is still eating and drinking. She is also non stop screeching after her consuming it. Does that mean something??? I am freaked!! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I should do more??

We JUST caught her again with another one!!! Got a shot for reference to show the band size before retrieving it from her. It didn't have any metal on it, so I have hope!! Any input will be appreciated! Thanks!

All you can do is wait and see. Has she stopped screeching? Eating and drinking is a good sign. Keep an eye on her for crop issues. One of my roosters ate a hair tie,he was fine.

Yes she quieting down, think she was angry about taking the other hair tie away or she's getting sleepy. So glad to hear your little guy was okay. That makes me feel better. She is also known for eating glass, but the pieces were really small and came out rounded in the end. I'm assuming the crop can or could grind this down also? Why do they do such dopey things!!?!?!!! Time to play the waiting game..:fl

Back
Top Bottom