Polish hen skinny bright green poop

Momadelane

Chirping
Aug 13, 2018
Hey y’all I have a year old polish hen. She was outside with my showgirl too. I started noticing that she would stay in their house a lot facing the corner. Then she stopped laying and looked very weak and skinny.
I brought her in a few days ago and started feeding her eggs yogurt and mash with savory a chick water. I gave her a bath last night because she had a great deal of poop on her feathers. Maybe she isn’t standing to poop.
Leer appetite is good and she eats most of why I leave her during the day as well as what I feed her in my lap in the evenings. She doesn’t want to drink the water when I am feeding her , but her water bowl during the day is about empty.
Anyway, I have been giving her nutridrench orally.
I’m wondering if there any suggestions on what I can do to help her, as well as the amount and times daily to dose the nutridrench? I can’t find poly vi sol w/o iron Anywhere In my area….
She seems to be doing a little better, but not gaining any weight…..
Any help is greatly appreciated!!

How is she?

Can you post some photos of her and her poop?

Can she walk ok?
See ok?

Same bird that you posted about back in Dec? https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/hen-with-head-in-corner.1436620/#post-23772875

Green poop may be from not eating well. Check her for lice/mites. Consider getting a fecal float to see if parasites (worms) may be an issue.

Not getting picked on at all? She may benefit from vitamin therapy - give her 400IU Vitamin E, 1/4 tablet human B-Complex and scrambled egg once a day for a week. This is in addition to her eating her normal feed.

How is she?

Can you post some photos of her and her poop?

Can she walk ok?
See ok?

Same bird that you posted about back in Dec? https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/hen-with-head-in-corner.1436620/#post-23772875

Green poop may be from not eating well. Check her for lice/mites. Consider getting a fecal float to see if parasites (worms) may be an issue.

Not getting picked on at all? She may benefit from vitamin therapy - give her 400IU Vitamin E, 1/4 tablet human B-Complex and scrambled egg once a day for a week. This is in addition to her eating her normal fee

Good morning
She does walk but not for long periods and Is wobbly when she first starts then sits down.
And will run when she thinks I’m gonna pick her up
Her poop isn’t bright green anymore and she is eating well but doesn’t seem to be gaining
I have the vitamins and will add in egg this morning
Also will add pictures later on
Thank you for your help!!

Back
Top Bottom