LordEvan5

Chirping
Oct 21, 2020
Quaker Hill Connecticut
How long do these birdies take to start laying eggs. In all honesty, I really like them as they are aesthetically pleasing but in my area I can only have so many birds and I don't wanna keep too many unproductive birds around when I could have good egg layers. Again not to be petty or mean but I would like to have at least a half dozen eggs a day.

Attachments

LordEvan5

Chirping
Oct 21, 2020
Quaker Hill Connecticut
How long do these birdies take to start laying eggs. In all honesty, I really like them as they are aesthetically pleasing but in my area I can only have so many birds and I don't wanna keep too many unproductive birds around when I could have good egg layers. Again not to be petty or mean but I would like to have at least a half dozen eggs a day.
P.S they are about a year old

black_cat

being chased by a chicken army
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
How many other birds do you have? Are any others laying or do you just have the polishes?

black_cat

Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
You also won't get half a dozen eggs every day from only 2 chickens. (not sure if you have more than the ones in the pics) To achieve that you either need 6+ very high production layers, or about 9+irregular layers.

LordEvan5

Chirping
Oct 21, 2020
Quaker Hill Connecticut
I should have mentioned I have three Rhode Island Reds as well I hope to add more birds in the spring am I doing something wrong that my poles aren't laying at all?

black_cat

Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
I should have mentioned I have three Rhode Island Reds as well I hope to add more birds in the spring am I doing something wrong that my poles aren't laying at all?
How old are the RIRs? Once they get in the swing of laying, you should be getting an egg every day from each. What feed do you have them on?

Top Bottom