Polish identity crisis

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by liebe, Jun 28, 2011.

1. liebe

liebe Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2011
    So I bought 4 polish, 3 pullets from person A and a cockrel from person B. All are 14-16 weeks old. So the cockrel is very ovious, as he has red waddles, and 2 pullets are for sure. But there is one pullet who I am unsure if may be a male.
    It is the middle one. The head feathers look like the cockrel and not like the 2 pullets. But there is no red skin apearing that I can tell.
    [​IMG]
    So what do you think?

Sorry about the one pullet mooning the camera! She always does.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  2. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    not sure .. i still dont know what my two silvers are lol .. but your polish are beautiful [​IMG]

3. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Quote:Well the one in the back is definately a rooster and judging by the photo here I would say the middle one is a pullet... seems she would have more of a rooster characteristic by now if she were one... [​IMG]

ETA: also her feathering pattern is that of a pullet and not a cockeral. So I think you are safe!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  4. liebe

liebe Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2011
    Thanks, the head feathers threw me off. I guess only time will tell for sure, but I'm glad someone else thinks it may be female. I only need one roo.

and thanks for the compliment. I just love the colour.

5. stcroixusvi

stcroixusvi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    Quote:I love the color, too and wonder if you might post some more pictures of them? I have a golden that I am wondering the gender. He/She is 7 weeks, and it's still very hard to tell. He/She ACTS like a rooster, in fact, runs the coop.

6. liebe

liebe Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2011
    I will grab some more photos this morning and more individualized ones. Hope it helps you identify yours stcroixusvi

7. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    The reason you don't see wattles in that bird it because it is bearded.

8. liebe

liebe Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2011
    Quote:Hmm, I assumed the waddles would come out from under the beard. so, I guess I will have to check a little harder, I will post more pics in a bit and then ask again. Thanks

9. Hegatha

Hegatha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    Washington
    Im 100% sure those two are both roos. I cant tell on the other since I cant see the head but you have two roos.

10. HappyChickenMom

HappyChickenMom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2009
    I'd say roo....pointed saddle feathers and willy nilly crest. Females crests are more pom pom ish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by