Polish lover thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BBCHICKS123, Dec 21, 2016.

1. BBCHICKS123

BBCHICKS123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2016
    Wander land
    I love polish so l started this thread it's all about polish so you can ask questions post pics talk about polish and anything else polish related [​IMG] FINALY

2. dragonthehunter

dragonthehunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2016
    New brunswick Canada
    Cool I don't have polish...yet But love the breed

3. BBCHICKS123

Dec 19, 2016
    Wander land
    I love them to they are definitely my favorite breed

4. petra56

petra56 Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2016
    Seguin Texas
    I'm so glad I found this thread! I have a polish hen that has been very sick. I've had her in the house for about a week now. I have had to give her antibiotics with an eye dropper because she hasn't been drinking much on her own. She has quit eating so I've been feeding her oatmeal with a drop of honey in it for a couple of days now. Anyway her head feathers are a mess from her runny nose and slinging her head around when I feed her. I was wondering if I could cut the feathers some, how much, and what to do if they bleed. Her feathers are sticking to her nose and she can't see with all those feathers. I'm new to chickens and I love my polish hens.
    Thank you!

5. BBCHICKS123

Dec 19, 2016
    Wander land
    Hi and :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome
    I have gave my polish hair cutes but you should be careful seeing as there head feathers are extremely sensitive you could try putting a hair tie on them that's what l do with mine who have long top hat feathers

6. petra56

May 24, 2016
    Seguin Texas
    Thank you so much! I guess I'll try to give her a bath as soon as she feels better.

7. BBCHICKS123

Dec 19, 2016
    Wander land
    What's her name, how's she doing

8. petra56

May 24, 2016
    Seguin Texas
    her name is Dolly. She has been trying to eat a little bit but not enough to matter. I have been trying to feed her as much as I can get down her every couple of hours. I just didn't want to give her a bath right now and stress her out. Her head smells really bad and I think it's because of her face feathers. I have no idea how to do that without getting soap in her eyes. I just feel like she needs cleaning up. Her nose isn't really runny any more and I've been putting VetRx under her wings and around her nostrils so she can breathe.

9. BBCHICKS123

Dec 19, 2016
    Wander land
    Any chance you have a picture

10. petra56

May 24, 2016
    Seguin Texas
    I will try to download one. My internet is terrible where I live. [​IMG]. She's the one in the middle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by