Polish Lovers - HELP!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by crayon, Aug 6, 2011.

1. crayon

crayon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    So I got 2 polish from Meyer Hatchery- I had ordered a White Crested Blue Polish Standard Female and a Golden Laced Polish Standard Female.

I do not think I have a golden laced (as neither one is brown or golden)

Can you help me?

Chick #1 Blue
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick #2 Q-tip
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Together- Blue on the left- Q-tip on the right

[​IMG]

2. crayon

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Our best guess here at our house is that:

Blue is a Silver Laced Polish

Q-tip is a White Crested Blue Polish

Are we correct?

3. phasian

phasian Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Oregon
    Quote:I have raised a lot of Polish and I would say this is correct. You can see the lacing- and the plumage isn't gold.

This unfortunately happens with hatcheries. I once ordered some Tufted Buff Geese from Meyer's Hatchery. I received untufteds. When I called their attitude was very "c'est la vie".....

4. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Yeah you got a silver laced, sorry [​IMG]

5. eeyore75

eeyore75 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Battle Creek, MI
    Quote:Yup- you are correct!!!!!
    hopefully they will remain girls for you even if one is not the color you asked for!!!

6. crayon

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    I am only 1/2 bummed.... I really like both the polish I got- so that is fine. Although that is NOT what I ordered. I had gotten 12 and 3 died (different kinds in the batch). I am not sure if this is buying for a hatchery issue (getting them from Meyers) just facts of life- they were shipped during that heat wave in Mid July- but I lost one right after shipping (the only roo I ordered... [​IMG] ) Then lost one at 4 days then lost one at 2 1/2 weeks.

I have a bunch of Black and white birds- BRs and SLW- so I was trying to avoid the black and white with this order and wanted a Golden Laced... BUT oh well....

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  7. crayon

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Quote:Yup- you are correct!!!!!
    hopefully they will remain girls for you even if one is not the color you asked for!!!

I wouldn't be overly bummed if one was a roo- I lost the only roo of this order in shipping [​IMG]

8. eeyore75

eeyore75 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Battle Creek, MI
    Quote:I'm not sure were Hillman MI is..... my mom is in the chelsea/Ann Arbor area. She has a bunch of little Polish (4-8 wks) If you want a roo- or a couple other hens.......
    There are a few colors that are "on hold" til we know the sexes. One of those colors is the Gold Lace til we know what my little ones are sex wise to know who we'll need to send off.

9. crayon

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Quote:I'm not sure were Hillman MI is..... my mom is in the chelsea/Ann Arbor area. She has a bunch of little Polish (4-8 wks) If you want a roo- or a couple other hens.......
    There are a few colors that are "on hold" til we know the sexes. One of those colors is the Gold Lace til we know what my little ones are sex wise to know who we'll need to send off.

SWEET!!! [​IMG]

I live up near Alpena (between Gaylord and Alpena- 40 min west of Alpena).

Anyhoo- my MIL lives down in Pinckney so she could grab me a some if it works out! We are all loving the polish 2 we have. Do PM me- I may be interested in a cockerel (although I have 2 right now and 18 hens, but I maybe able to do one more) And maybe some pullets if she has some she is looking to find homes for.

IM me with the prices and what she has. I am pretty open to anything!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by