Polish, Marans, EEs for sale in MD *Update--FREE*

Crunchie

Brook Valley Farm
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
Maryland
**** Update: OK, here's the deal: Anything in my "not to keep" pen is FREE. All of the Marans are roosters. After taking a good look last night, it looks like all of the Polish may be, too.
roll.png
I cannot be 100% sure on all of them, some are obvious, all have wattles. A couple of them are turning out rather nice and would be breeder quality. (The EEs are on hold, I'll re-post them if that falls through). See below for the original details. I really need to make some space here! I can get more updated pics of particular birds if you are interested. I am in So. MD, 20659--but I am willing to drive reasonable distances to meet you to find homes for these birds. Annapolis is an easy place for me to meet someone, but feel free to ask about other places!****

These are all birds from my spring hatches, some ~2 months old, some just a few weeks old. I have Cuckoo Marans roos (sorry, no pullets right now), some are very nice, all from excellent lines and out of very nicely colored eggs. Some have feathered shanks. I also have one white "sport" Marans rooster (hatched all white from a Cuckoo egg). have a friend who'll put them in his freezer, but I was hoping that at least some of them could be put to good use for someone who'd like to add some nice genetics to their flock.

I have several pet quality large fowl White Crested Black Polish. These guys have big beautiful crests and are just little clowns around here! So goofy!

I also have a few Easter Egger chicks from my blue Ameraucana hens with a splash roo. I don't know if these guys will grow up to meet the standards for true Ameraucana (my blue hens are nice, but I need to replace the rooster) so I'm calling them Easter Eggers. They are not mixed breed, however.

Can't sex the Polish or EEs yet. $4 each or 3 for $10.

You can see pics of most of the parent birds on my web site (link in signature/under avatar). Feel free to email me for more details. I am an NPIP participant, so my flock is tested regularly for Pullorum & AI. Pick up only; I may be willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet someone, it will depend on the details--how far, for how many birds, etc. Gas is too expensive for me to go too far out of my way, sorry.
sad.png

Some pics of the actual birds:

Cuckoo rooster, 8 weeks
DSC_0368.jpg

WCB Polish, 8 weeks:
DSC_0390.jpg

EE chicks, 2 weeks (with a few of their Marans buddies):
DSC_0405.jpg

Eggs from the parent birds:
EggsColorful.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I lived closer. I would love to have your cuckoo boy to add new blood to my program. Ah well, maybe we can get that egg swap going later on in the year.

Quote:
Too bad all of you guys aren't closer!

I've got an even nicer Cuckoo roo than the one pictured, with feathered shanks. I was going to keep him, but I've got too many already!! He's out of my eggs and I really need to keep a roo or two from another breeder's eggs instead, to add new blood to the flock. I'd love to swap eggs later in the year, Gina. Hopefully by then the girls I hatched early this spring will be laying and my broodies will be back to work!!

samsmama, I replied to your PM!

Vamp-a-Billy Princess, I could always send you eggs if you wanted some of those Polish.
big_smile.png

Hi Crunchie!
Just sent you a PM. What gorgeous birds you have and beautiful eggs. Too pretty to eat that is for sure! Looking forward to hearing from you.
cool.png

Any chance that you could also send through a picture of the white sport Marans rooster?

I feel like I won the Lottery! I LIVE IN MARYLAND!!!! Yippee! I live in Maryland!
tongue.png
cool.png

I feel so sorry for those of you that live in the Western & Central states...
tongue.png

Did I mention ... I live in Maryland!

Serendipity, I'll email you a couple of pics shortly!

sueg6255, I do send eggs through the mail but my Marans hens are broody right now.
sad.png
I might have some available in the fall.

Back
Top Bottom