polish mix, slw, light brahma, & silkies?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lothefarmer, Nov 2, 2010.

1. lothefarmer

lothefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    CA
    so, i'm wondering about the gender of these birds, and i have a few other questions as well.
    this polish mix, i have always suspected to be a male. his name is leo. but recently i have been wondering if he may be a leah,
    because his crest is still very small and rounded. he's about 12 weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OH, and see those blue earlobes? where could those have possibly come from?
    i was thinking silkie, because the breeder i got him from also has silkies, but i don't know for sure.

i have been wondering about this slw for weeks now.
    i have posted two topics on her, and most people have said pullet, but her red face is really, really scary. ):
    i think she is about 8 weeks old, but i'm not sure on her exact age..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here is my light brahma. i think she may be a boy. what do you think?
    i think she is about 8 weeks old as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i'd like to know which colors these two silkies are! i think the light one is splash and the dark one is black,
    but i'd like to know what an expert has to say, because i'm sure they would know :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Your Polish is a boy, your Wyandotte is a girl, and your "Brahma" is a girl - but if you notice, your Brahma has a single comb. I'm betting like one of mine, it is actually a Columbian Rock x Brahma. Did you get them from McMurray hatchery?

3. lothefarmer

Oct 9, 2010
    CA
    Quote:i did notice that. i bought her from a local feed store, and they do order them from a hatchery.. i don't know which one though. [​IMG]

thank you very much!

4. lothefarmer

Oct 9, 2010
    CA
    anyone else?

5. De

De Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Camden,AR
    I think your polish is a hen, and the other 2 are pullets too.
    on the silkie it will be a long time on them, but splash or self-blue, and a black or blue...
    some breeder keep black and blue together b/c you get 50/50 on chicks and you don't have to have other pen....

6. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

The Polish looks male. 12 weeks is pretty young to have those red wattles. Some of my girls don't have wattles at all at a year old, others have received them around laying time, 8 months, give or take. He also looks pure-bred. The wattles may have a blu-ish tint to them, but they don't look 'blue' to me.

7. chicken wild

chicken wild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Franklin Ga
    all pullets

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by