Polish people.. help me settle a bet.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Nyrial, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Nyrial

Nyrial Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Lake Stevens, WA
    I'm guessing little roo, DH says girl.

What do you think? This little baby is about 14 or 15 weeks old now..Very friendly for the most part, but has been starting to try to jump on my hand (and not in a good way, its when I'm picking up the other babies), and if it's an aggressive little roo, he's outta here. [​IMG] I sent three off to the dinner table today, and I'll do it again! [​IMG]
    I took these pics when he walked into my house and made himself at home last weekend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    its top half is roo and bottom half is a hen [​IMG] its a boy

3. Nyrial

Aug 4, 2009
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Quote:Hah thats what I was thinking. Head looks like a roo, but no curving tail feathers yet. He is a hatchery bird though, so I guess I'm asking too much. Great, Punkin, the gender confused chicken.

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    those blacke tipped, pointy hackle feathers on the neck sure look like a boy.

5. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Hummm, crest is very rounded, nothing on the tail but there are little wattles there. Hard to tell yet. I would not send it to the dinner table yet. You have had some aggressive Polish? I haven't seen a single one of my Polish be aggessive.

I meant to say, how much I love its color and I would love to have it, but then I love all Polish, lol.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    yup I was thinking the same thing the first picture I said boy boy boy-then I looked at the second picture and It screamed girl at the butt!!! Tiny little wattles too??

7. Nyrial

Aug 4, 2009
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Yeah and the wattles haven't gotten much bigger over the past few weeks. My other 2 polish aren't aggressive at all, these are our first 3 ever. I [​IMG] them!!

8. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    [​IMG]I thought at roo at first, also, but the more I look... I don't see the horns yet. But the hair looks to be spiky like a roo. Could be too early but you'll know for sure soon. I have an aggressive Polish rooster... downright nasty. I love the colors, too, it's a beauty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by