Polish People....I need advice....

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chicmom, Jun 20, 2011.

1. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello all! I have three Polish Bantams, two of which are Cuckoo in color, and they have such huge crests that they cannot see very well. Should I do something about this? I am reluctant to trim them.....They really look so beautiful with their perfect pom-poms.....

Oh, I also have a Khaki colored Polish Bantam Frizzle....He's adoreable! I can still see his eyes, not like his hatchmates......I can't see their eyes at all.

I will try to post pics later.....

Thank you for any advice you have,
    Sharon

2. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    I have a few Polish. One hen can't see very well and she was running into things, and getting startled easily, so I put her "hair" up into a little ponytail on the top of her head. It looks really silly but gets the job done.

3. the*chicken*chik

the*chicken*chik Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2011
    tennessee
    aww, so cute. i have polish in the bator. can't wait. [​IMG]

4. chicmom

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Quote:Shannon, I was thinking of doing that........But I thought, oh no....too silly! LOL I will try it though! Better than cutting off their crests!

Thanks for the suggestion!

5. JP101010

JP101010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Im Glad i found this post- as i was going to ask the same question. our poor frizzle hen just about has a heart attack when you do anything near her because she cant see you coming.
    I will try to Ponytail [​IMG]

6. chicmom

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Quote:I wil have to get some tiny rubber bands, I guess? What would you use?

7. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    I'd like to see some pics of the result if someone could post them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by