Polish - Pet Quality or Show quality? Double check my Hens & Roos

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by calicokat, Jul 21, 2010.

1. calicokat

calicokat Songster

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    The chicks are getting to be a couple months old and I thought I'd see if folks here could already tell who I should keep for DD to show. Also, if you see that I have mis-identified the color, or sex, please please correct me - I'm new and trying to learn all I can about the cuties we have! If I'm right about the sexes, we plan to keep all of these, that would give us a total of 4 banty roos, over 7 large fowl & 7 banty hens - does that seem like ok numbers??

first up - a suspected White Crested Splash Roo -

[​IMG]

Next is our white crested Chocolate - Hen?-

[​IMG] [​IMG]

a White frizzled - Hen?- she has a couple of stray black feathers in her, can those be plucked, and perhaps they'd return as white?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A White Crested Black roo -- I don't think that there is white on the rim of his tail, I think that's grass or something in the yard on the one pix - it doesn't show in the others.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now, on this one, her color is kinda mottle-y, but I think she might be a Khaki?? She's not white, there's something else, and it looks like she's been rolling in dirt, but it's her color. So that makes this one a White Crested Khaki - hen?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And, last up is the White Crested Blue hen -

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks everyone for your input~~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by