1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Polish- pullet or roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by crayon, Sep 2, 2011.

1. crayon

crayon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    I have 2 polish- a white crested and a silver laced. My white crested is for sure a pullet (very round crown)

Here is my silver laced- any ideas?? He/she was born around July 17th. (6 weeks old)

[​IMG]

2. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Quote:Its a cockerel

3. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

x2

4. StandardLover

StandardLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011

x2

x3

5. crayon

crayon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Hillman Michigan
    Well..... I figured that- [​IMG] But I was really praying it was not- just had crest that has not rounded out yet! lol... A girl can hope right? Not that I care so much that he is a cock, it is more that I ordered a second set all pullets and so far I have 2 of the 8 are roos. So that puts my total flock at 17- with 4 of them roos! YIKES... And I am still questioning my two RIRs.

I don't know if I would care so much if they were free rangers year round- but we live in N. Michigan and it will start snowing here in November and not let up until March. So- they spend a lot of time in a closed area.

[​IMG]

6. Snowygirl

Snowygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Mirkwood
    Hold up....I have a polish hen who's crest grew in JUST like that!!! So maybe he is a she....[​IMG]

7. Cyan Night

Cyan Night Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Did it end up being a boy?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by