Polish Pullets and their tails

WallyBirdie

Crowing
Aug 2, 2019
Does anyone have pictures of young Polish pullets to share?
I have three Polish.
One young adult roo, one cockerel, and one pullet.
My little cockerel and pullet are shy of 3 months old. I was crest-sexing them, but I'm fairly certain on what they are. It was scraggly mohawk for one and a neat little poofball for the other.

My little girl, however, is growing faster than her pal and has quite a proud tail. Does this mean anything?

Does anyone have pictures of females so I can compare them with my little Darlin?
(I don't have recent pictures right now but I will take some later.)

Rate of growth doesn't mean a ton, especially if you did not breed them yourself. They may not even have the same parents, so their genetics are different and may not be the same size in the end. Tail doesn't mean as much as saddle feathers. I feel like when young birds start to get adult feathers the quality of their tails is really hit or miss.

76B67CDE-4B20-410E-A6C1-CD915D374EC5.jpeg
4E38A31E-26FC-434B-9B08-26AAE942C475.jpeg
AEAAC332-95DF-467A-B334-9090C2BBE9A4.jpeg
These are my 14 week Polish pullets.

Rate of growth doesn't mean a ton, especially if you did not breed them yourself. They may not even have the same parents, so their genetics are different and may not be the same size in the end. Tail doesn't mean as much as saddle feathers. I feel like when young birds start to get adult feathers the quality of their tails is really hit or miss.
I know the growth rate and feathers aren't necessarily indicators. I was merely curious and looking to compare. These are my first Polish.

Back
Top Bottom