Polish Rock Band Gender? Color? UPDATED PICS

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HighNDryFarm, Jul 1, 2011.

1. HighNDryFarm

HighNDryFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    I finally found some Polish that are close enough and of course I bought all 8 because they're straight run. [​IMG] I'm wondering what color they're going to be, hopefully there are three White Crested/Black since that's what I was looking for! Even better if at least those three are pullets! Also, when can you sex them? I'm SO excited I pick them up tomorrow morning from someone here on BYC!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  2. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    OMG they are soooo cute...I am no help, just wanted to say how flippin' cute they were!

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    one wcb looks to be a wc chocolate looks like maybe one golden laced and a splash?

4. HighNDryFarm

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    Will the dark feathers in the lightest one go away or does that make it laced? So much to learn about this breed....besides that they make me smile.

5. stellacat

stellacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    OK I am seeing 2 WCBs, 1 splash, another white crested something, and some silver laced. I don't suppose you could get individual pics of the 4 in the back of the pic.
    The one in the very back is probably a silver laced, I think it looks like a gold laced because it is in the sun.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  6. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the white one with one or two black spots will keep them but will not be a sliver laced, I got a roo thats all white with half of one tail feather that is black and hes 4 to 5 yrs old.

7. HighNDryFarm

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    Thanks so much for the input! I'm picking them up in the morning and I'll post individual picks....I feel like Santa is coming I've been trying to find some Polish like this for so long! I've never brooded chicks this late in the season and it's supposed to be heck a hot so I'll be spending lots of time with this group this weekend. [​IMG]

8. sdeneen2001

sdeneen2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    "Polish Rock Band" I have a mental image of a bunch of Polish chickens with guitars and drums, waiving their top knots around [​IMG]

9. HighNDryFarm

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    Quote:Exactly!!! I'm SO thrilled! I just got them home and I'm trying to figure what they're going to be.....you know, what instrument they'll play...[​IMG]

I'll post individual pictures and see if anyone can tell me what colors I got.

BTW, Debi...can't remember her name here on BYC but she is SO nice! And she has some beautiful chickens for sale! I was SO tempted to bring home a Maran too!

10. lowry075

lowry075 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Southern California
    They are SOOOO cute. I almost bought a polish when I went for my wyandotte and BO instead. I can't say I regret Emma or Buffy (my fav), but I still wish for a polish someday. Enjoy them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by