Polish Rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenman957, Jun 15, 2011.

1. chickenman957

chickenman957 Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(He) or (She) is about 11 weeks old now. Black one in Pic. Is it a roo? Started making sounds about a week ago. we heard sounds from the hut and pin pionted it to this one. All rest are females. We have 8 total. 2 RIR, 3 Polish, 1 Americana, 1 Silkie, 1 Wyandot. We got all of them when they were about 2 days old and have been together every day, we have not lost any.
    Please help me! My wife does not want a roo because she doesn't want a suprize when she cracks open an egg [​IMG]

Thank you, David

2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Oh, yeah, that's a boy! You can see the pointy saddle and hackle feathers coming in and his crest is very spikey. The intense red leakage over the wings and in the neck is another sign.

3. akcountrygrrl

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    The only way she would have a surprise in the egg when she cracked it open is if the eggs were sat on by a broody for a couple of days. There is no difference between a fertile egg and a nonfertile egg when it comes to cooking. They are both equally tasty.

4. chickenman957

May 6, 2011
    Thank You for telling me the info. I am New to chicks and we are learning something EVERY DAY with them. My 2 kids just love helping us with them.

5. chickenman957

May 6, 2011
    The white one in pic also has a lot of red, Should i Be worried? need pic?

6. chickenman957

May 6, 2011
    I goofed, its the brown one, here is some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:X2 and I see two Polish roos!

8. akcountrygrrl

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Quote:Yep, that's a roo too. See how his crest and hackle (neck) feathers are starting to come in long, skinny, and pointy?? That's a dead giveaway for a roo.

9. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Yep, that's a roo too. See how his crest and hackle (neck) feathers are starting to come in long, skinny, and pointy?? That's a dead giveaway for a roo.

Yup I agree!

10. Hegatha

Hegatha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    Washington
    Yes indeed you got two roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by