Polish Top Hat 10 Weeks Boy or Girl?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bantyshanty, Jun 23, 2010.

1. bantyshanty

bantyshanty Oval Office Courier

Oct 6, 2009
    S.W Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She's not vaulted. She doesn't act aggressive & shows no v-comb development yet. She's my oldest Polish.
    Crest looks a little wild for a girl?

2. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    Does it have feathers on its feet ????

3. bantyshanty

Oct 6, 2009
    S.W Pennsylvania
    Nope, no feathers, just normal buff 4-toed feet. I'm holding her feet in the photo so she doesn't fly into a tree.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  4. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    Looks like a lovely young lady! Her crest feathers seem round and soft whereas my male polish (and most others I've seen) have very pointed spiky crest feathers. She would be showing signs of pointed hackle feathers by now too, which I cant tell by her light color and brightness of the pictures, but it doesn't show any. If it truly is a girl she's going to have a nice long bonnet crest and will be a real beauty!

5. bantyshanty

Oct 6, 2009
    S.W Pennsylvania
    Thanks, good to know you think she's a girl:) Maybe I'll take her off auction.

6. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    Up for action huh? In that case, yep, it's a boy, gonna start crowing any day now! I'll PM you my shipping info [​IMG] [​IMG]

I still suggest getting a second opinion on it.

Really beautiful though. Pullet or Cockerel, I'd keep it around anyway.

7. Megs

Megs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    looks like a pullet, im growing out polish right now and by 6 weeks the males wattles are really coming in, whereas pullets have none.

8. bantyshanty

Oct 6, 2009
    S.W Pennsylvania
    Thanks for everyone's opinion. I rehomed her as a "probably pullet", just because our coops are made bantam-size & it would be hard to accomodate one bird her height. I also have some bantam Polish who are much calmer [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by