1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Polish-@ what age do they start to lay

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BBK, Nov 30, 2010.

1. BBK

BBK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    AND Does it make a diference if they're banty or not...?

I bought a polish hen from Shay20, she said she's about 13-14 months and has never laid an egg for her and hasn't laid anything for me either...

Do they lay every day, like some other breeds?

thanks
    Melinda

2. Skittlez

Skittlez Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Rockford
    My polish bantam started laying at 8 months and lays an egg every other day. I think polish mature a little slower. She should definately be old enough to lay by now. Maybe you need to sing to her more [​IMG]

3. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Quote:Could we get a pic. She sounds plenty old enough to be laying eggs. It takes them 25 hours for a egg to complete its cycle. Soo you should be getting one in a pattern of like 2 days then skipping an day then 2.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I have five hens that hatched in March. None have laid an egg yet.

5. OhMyItsAndyy

OhMyItsAndyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    West England
    It is a little cold for them to be laying right now but in spring she should deffinatly be old enough to lay, my only thought is that she matured to they age as it got too cold to lay? I dunno, only thing I can think of x

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    took my LF polish 8-9 months to lay for about a month or so then nothing for 4 months:- She just started laying again 3 days ago and I have gotten an egg every day-she's a tad spoiled too-I pick her up at night and put her in her own private nesting box up high;-)

7. BBK

BBK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    ok, sing to her, put her up high in her very own nest box and wait till spring...got it....!

we're in upstate NY where the weather is crazy... cold, warm, cold, rainy, windy, cold.

I'll get a pic of her...

Melinda

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by