Polish what???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by magsrags, Nov 9, 2008.

1. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Could anyone please give me an educated guess as to the sex on my 6 month old Polish bird? I lean to pullet going by the feathers.....and I sure hope so as she is my favorite and first chicken. Roos gotta go. [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    i would say hen

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Yup! Girlie girlie girl!

4. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    You got a girl [​IMG]

5. magsrags

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    [​IMG]

Oh I am so relieved!!!
    Thanks so much!

6. cocks develop a v shape comb. They get those neck feathers and they usually crow at 6 months. You have the she bird.

7. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    She is cute, I love the black and white ones, they are on my wish list.....just don't tell the big guy! [​IMG]

8. magsrags

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    She is a Bantam Polish and my very good friend. She was injured @ 3 months or so. Managed to fly over a 6" fence one afternoon when a stray cat came into my yard and startled her. I and sons ran the neighborhood looking for her to no happy ending.

Next morning as I gazed out my door wondering what terrible fate happened to her through the night.......there she was.....right across the street staring at me from my neighbors front lawn. I ran out...yupper in my jammies...right across a busy street and kneeled about 10 feet in front of her. I'D hoped she wouldn't out of fear make me chase her all around the neighborhood. She stayed put, but when I picked her up I then understood why. One leg joint was terribly swollen and she couldn' walk nor stand/hobble at all. I was bummed, felt like a bad chickie mamma.
    Carried her home and after scouring the internet decided a small confined cage and good care might do the trick. No chicken docs round here in the city.:eek: Not even close.................

Well...it took maybe 2-3 weeks before she actulally showed me no bones were broken. slowly and many baby steps and she hobbles/gimped and then carefully chose her steps. My litte girl named Dinner is here to stay.I am amazed and so pleased s/he is a SHE. Having 3 sons I need all the hen power I can GET. [​IMG]

9. magsrags

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Rimshoes............your roo is very pretty. :<)

10. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Oh my gosh, I am so glad for that she was around the next morning and OK. I was distrait when my Polish standard stayed out one night i could not find him I was scared for him because He can not see up at all because of his head feathers and he always stayed low to the ground, so I know the feeling, Hate it. Thank god your little girl was OK. Shes a beauty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by