Polish X Naked Neck cross

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jarcoo0153, Nov 13, 2011.

1. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    Anybody got picks of this? I am thinking of getting some polish hens to breed to my handsome Naked neck rooster. Thanks!

2. franklinstreetwest

franklinstreetwest Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Urban Jungle
    By naked neck, do you imply Turken?

3. Blob Chicken

Blob Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    Quote:Turkens are Naked Necks. The normal name most people use is naked neck.

4. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    I have one! a cute little hen. Cant post pics right now, darn camera broke then my computer died so I'm on a borrowed laptop. And the laptop has no port for my USB. Sad, sad story. LOL. When I can, I will post a few pics.

5. Hi! I believe there are pics in the 'Naked Neck thread' of Frizzle Polish x Naked Neck (perhaps Naked Neck Silkie?) crosses. They are insanely cute!
    I bought some white crested black LF Polish chicks for the specific purpose of crossing to Naked Necks. They are almost mating age --- yaay!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

6. jarcoo0153

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    I have seen the silkie showgirls, I will have to look for the polish crosses.

7. franklinstreetwest

Mar 31, 2010
    Urban Jungle
    Quote:Turkens are Naked Necks. The normal name most people use is naked neck.

I have heard both Showgirls and Turkens referred to as "naked necked" as a physical descriptive. I was just trying to clarify what exact breed cross was being asked for. I started a thread a couple days ago in regard to Showgirl X Polish
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=596120
    to achieve a Polish typed bird with blue skin and bare (or naked) neck. I am interested to know if the OP is pursueing a different end result?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  8. jarcoo0153

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    I am wanting to cross my standard Transylvanian Naked Neck ( not no showgirl), I dont want no silkie blood in them, with standard Polish, with normal feathers. Anybody have any pics?

9. franklinstreetwest

Mar 31, 2010
    Urban Jungle
    Sounds like an interesting cross! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

10. Narragansett

Narragansett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2011
    Quote:Naked Neck is the official term for the breed as it is recognized by both the American Poultry Association and the American Bantam Association. Turken is a misnomer, dreamed up by hatchery marketing people to entice the gullible to buy birds which supposedly resemble turkey X chicken crosses, leading these poor souls into believing that they have something strange and unusual. Today, fortunately such sensational advertising practices no longer exist, but unfortunately the term still persists, promoted in several less than honorable major hatchery catalogs. It is unfortunate that the proper term has been so misconstrued that even today some people believe that the improper term is the right one. The Nazis were right in this respect. They believed that if you repeated something long enough and frequently enough, people would begin to believe it, even if not true.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by