Polish?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lcertuche, Jun 16, 2016.

1. lcertuche

lcertuche Chillin' With My Peeps

This little guy/gal had a Mohawk a couple of days ago. He/she is one month old and half the size of my other birds, The feathers are coming in very distinctive I have two of them and one is noticeably larger than the other so maybe its a pullet and rooster but otherwise look the same. They are louder chirping than all our other chicks together. All the month old chicks I have right now are going through a feather exchange. They look pretty ragged now with all the new feathers and bald spots.
    [​IMG]

The back side view. I thought at first they were bantam but now maybe polish. They were in the heavies bin at Atwood's and at that time they were about the same size but now after a month only half the size of the other breeds.
    [​IMG]

2. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    They look like gold laced polish but the crest is missing.

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Appenzeller Spitzhauben maybe? They come in golden and have smaller crest than Polish. They also a V combs like Polish.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  4. Gray Farms

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Looks be developing a beard though.

5. Shadowsfate

Shadowsfate Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2013
    Maybe a golden laced sebright? Comb might be wrong but its hard to tell..

6. Gray Farms

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Maybe a Gold Brabanter? Small crest and a beard.

7. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Good eye, I didn't even see the beard! I believe you're correct :)

8. lcertuche

I believe you are right. I saw a picture of a Gold Brabanter chick and it looked just like the ones I have. I got them at Atwood's. They were in the heavy bin but the rest of the chicks are twice their size now a month later so I didn't think they were a heavy breed and then we noticed their little Mohawk's and thought "Hey, what the heck is that!". I'm so excited. I never new such a chicken existed and now I have two. One is quiet a bit bigger than the other so maybe I have a pair.

9. 4-H chick

4-H chick Just Hatched

Jun 20, 2016
    Looks like a girl

10. lcertuche

Newer pics that show their little Mohawk's better. So what does everyone think now? I bought them from Atwood's in Russellville, Arkansas. They are about 5-weeks old now.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by