Polishes and polish crosses!

Poetastic

Chirping
Jan 20, 2018
Northern Illinois
Hello everyone! I just wanted to share a few photos of my polish crosses! I've had polishes for many years. My first ones were buff laced, but they didn't last very long due to predators. A few years after that, I got white crested black polishes, and they produced a few of the crosses I have today. I purchased two red crested red polish roosters, and two red crested red polish hens about a year ago, and I ended up with a ton of polish crosses. More than ever. Almost every time one of my hens hatches chicks, she ends up with at least one polish cross. I'm not sure if I'm lucky or unlucky lol. I don't have pictures of all of them, but here are some of the photos I have on hand! :D
DSC_0015 3.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0031.JPG

Beautiful! I especially like the 2nd and 3rd photos...you take very nice pictures!

Pretty birds! :)
I have one polish cross. A frizzled hen. Her mother was an amber hybrid and dad a frizzled silver lace polish. I’m afraid all the other amber eggs I hatched turned out to be males. It was great watching them hatch though as they were the unknown and a total surprise to see what they would be like.

Pretty birds! :)
I have one polish cross. A frizzled hen. Her mother was an amber hybrid and dad a frizzled silver lace polish. I’m afraid all the other amber eggs I hatched turned out to be males. It was great watching them hatch though as they were the unknown and a total surprise to see what they would be like.
Your cross sounds really interesting. I love being surprised with my breeds as well.

Polish, Houdans, Silkies, etc. are very cool looking birds. I used to have Black, White Capped Black and Gold Laced Polish. As you've discovered, their vulnerability to predators is the reason I won't keep crested breeds again.
Looks like the crosses have better vision though.
I haven't had too much luck with crested breeds either. I had Spitzhaubens at one point and all of them ended up disappearing. At least with the polish mixes, it helps when they are mixed with flighty breeds because they're usually more aware, and like what you said, they have less crest to block their vision.

Back
Top Bottom