Politically exhausted.

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
Without going into details, I can say I am exhausted with the ads overtaking TV time, not to mention the ones that make me mad. I reallly, honestly, wish politics were more friendly. They exhaust me, the ads. I want more chocolate milk ads.

Is anyone else really tired of the ads?

*DO NOT go off on your views. I will have this shut down if you do.*

I find the mute button is a truly wonderful invention!

wink.png

Rusty

Quote:
My mind tends to run to that option too late for the brain brush. I know my mind, and I know how I feel. I get SOOOO SICK of political ads during election years.

Quote:
I dont get phone calls anymore. I am just inundated with TV ads, and it is making me nuts. Do these people really they can influence the vote with those ads?

When you are as cynical as I am, you can ignore those ads. They really don't mean anything and usually don't really indicate how they will act if they are elected. They are just saying things that will cause people to donate money so they can get re-elected. Or elected for the first time. Or at least so they can afford peanut better and jelly until they can run in the next election. Most are actually nice people, when their handlers let them be.

Unfortunately, many people get polarized by those ads and send money. Without getting into specifics, yes people do actually believe some of that stuff, ridiculous as it is. It is scary, sometimes. Not the ads, but people's reaction to those ads.

One more reason I'm glad the only rabbit ears (n'mind cable) on our TV are pink, furry, and attached to a headband.

Instead of a bunch of mudslinging to elevator music I'd much rather just see them list the candidate's voting history.
This Bill -Yay
That Bill -Nay

And then you could look at the FACTS and if you agree with how they've been voting, then vote for them.
And if you don't agree, you can refuse to vote for them.

Either way you make an educated decision without having to spend weeks researching what they should be willing to tell you... seeing as how you're they're boss and all.

Hey, you can even make it a slide show to Yanni if you want.
smile.png

THANK YOU!!!! NOW I remember why NOT having TV is SOOOOOOO awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, I don't have to pay to not have it..lol! CUT IT OFF DEB!!!!!
lol.png

I missed the whole OJ simple thing, because of no TV. This is looking like a rather good option again. On the other hand this is why I pay the big buck for a DVR. I can avoid most of the nasty ads.
It won't matter who is elected anyway. Both parties are as corrupt as the other.

Back
Top Bottom