1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Poll: Wanna take a guess on # of bandaids?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Dec 4, 2009.

1. You've done enough!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. At least one more!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Two, definitely two more!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I see stitches in your near future!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. When they put the cast on, ask for purple!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    It's Friday night.

I currently have four fingers with bandaids on them.
    Left middle finger, got caught between the latch and the door on the pump house.
    Right thumb, sliced it open this afternoon using a knife incorrectly.
    Right index finger, slammed it in the washer machine lid, cutting it just below the cuticle.
    Right ring finger, Kitty bit me and HARD!

How many bandaids will I be sporting by Sunday night?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

If your bandaids are equal to the number of loonies I deal with, then..... let's see. 15.

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Gee Deb, you're a big help! [​IMG]

4. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    I say atleast one more.
    Has your puppy been born yet?

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    hehehe I was kind...I just went for the stitches. [​IMG]

6. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Uh-oh. When was your last tetanus shot? If kitty punctured the skin, you may need to go get a booster. I just had one a month ago after being bitten by a dog at work [​IMG]
    You sound as accident-prone as I am. My hands are covered with scratches, bites, burns and cuts. Maybe we should start a support group for the less-than-graceful [​IMG]
    "Hi. My name is Sarah, and I'm a klutz"

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  7. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

...I thought rusty metal carried tetanus, not animal bites- unless the dog had fillings... [​IMG]

But I had my last booster when I was attacked by a dog too- hummm....

8. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    "Hi. My name is Sarah, and I'm a klutz"

Hi, my name is Lisa and I am a klutz, too.

Do what I do. Rub antibiotic ointment all over your hands like it's lotion, then put on some gloves. It's easier than wasting a box of bandaids. lol
    It's what I have to do here at work. My hands look like they've been through a paper shredder - twice. [​IMG]

9. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Every time I'm bitten badly enough to need medical attention, the ER asks me when my last tetanus was. I think it has more to do with dirty puncture wounds than rust. I'd look it up, but I'm too tired right now. Anyway, my guess is 6 band-aids!

Ok, looked it up: Injuries that involve dead skin (such as burns, frostbite, gangrene, or crush injuries) are more likely to cause tetanus. Wounds contaminated with soil, saliva, or feces — especially if not properly cleaned, are a risk.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Hi, my name is Kat and I'm the original klutz.
    Had my tetanus a few years ago. Long story short, DH held down two strands of barbed wire so I could step over them, but when I put my foot down it went between the two strands instead. Cut me from the ankle up to the top of my calf. [​IMG]
    So far so good. No more bandaids yet. However, I just went out to give the chickens some bread and instead of grabbing the bread, my half blind hen grabbed the cat bite finger and held on. [​IMG]
    I think klutziness is catching. DH has a bandaid on his thumb - same cat, a spot bandaid on his cheek from a razor cut and last night a picture mysteriously fell off the wall and cut his cheek.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by