POLL - What will you do when you win the Lottery? Gosh I'm bored!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SunnyDawn, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Nope, I never waste my time on fantasies.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Thought a little about it...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Have thought a lot about it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I have big plans! All written down and ready to go!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I have so many passions I don't know where to start!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Ok, I'm tired of hunting for a job and I'm feeling a little let down since I just found out that a job that I was soooo wanting, and was exceptionally qualified for was not even submitted correctly due to the bugs on the site I went through to submit it. Now it's too late to do anything about it. [​IMG]

I just wish DH and I would just go ahead and win the lottery so we can buy that gorgeous little piece of property in the foothills and live in peace! I don't want a huge house or a limo, but I would love to be able to travel a bit and have as many chickens as I want (five hundred or so) as well as a calf and a few other critters.

My dream is to retire in a small but comfy house on a huge lot, plant extremely vast gardens that work well in the area we live and create a venue for weddings etc. that is to die for. In a separate area, I would be able to keep as many animals as I want and grow my own food (with help since my back isn't great these days) and build a few cabins on the property for other garden fanatics that want to vacation in a serene, tranquil garden setting with hiking trails and weekend breakfasts to die for. The property would be environmentally friendly using some extremely facinating technologies to save water and generate power.

I've spent many years managing other companies and making a profit for other folks (as well as a couple of small, somewhat profitable businesses of my own that functioned on a shoestring budget). It's time I put my talents to work for something I truly enjoy! I can draw up my own house/cabin plans, design my own gardens, manage the events, and I'm a delight in the kitchen but the jobs available these days are dreary compared to this dream. I have had some exciting and fullfilling jobs in my lifetime and I am not crazy about the idea of settling at this stage of my life.

I think it's healthy to dream and plan whatever you can imagine! If you are afraid to dream big, you will be afraid to live big. What would you do if you won enough money to live where you wanted and could start the business you've always dreamed of?

Please just remember that this is a family site so save your wishes that aren't family friendly for another forum and PLEASE don't be negative about any dreams other folks may post on this thread. This is for entertainment only. Thank you!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I would be shocked [​IMG] if I ever won, especially since I always forget to buy a ticket when I'm not working [​IMG] .

3. SunnyDawn

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Ok, I'll buy shocked. If you've ever bought a ticket though you must have thought about what you'd do...

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I'd buy a huge ranch somewhere, and have a couple horses and a big old farmhouse with a huge barn (to fill with chickens). [​IMG]

5. SunnyDawn

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    [​IMG] Sounds like most of us here.

6. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Oh yes, I have most DEFINITELY thought about what I would do if I won a big lottery...

For starters I would take a portion and donate it to my church. Maybe we could finally get the basement there to stop flooding! From there I would take another portion and donate it to the Appalachian Christian Project. There are people in those mountains that have little to nothing, and I've watched several heart breaking documentaries and I'd like to be able to do something to help. From there I would set aside a portion to help my family and a couple of very close friends. I have family that is struggling, and there's no reason why they should if I had the means to help them. From there I would buy a BIG farm somewhere where it doesn't snow. Either not at all, or very little. I hate winter and the older I get, the more I ache when winter rolls around. I'd want a farm somewhere around 20 acres. It doesn't need to be huge, just private. I'd make sure it had enough room inside for my family, and outside there would be a pool for the kids, a BIG pond for my current ducks and the ducks and geese that I would get to put out on the pond. I'd have a couple of big barns too. One or two just for my chickens, but then I'd get some turkeys, peacocks, and pheasants too. I'd get a couple of goats too. Maybe a pot bellies pig too. But no horses or cows, that's too high maintenance for me. I'd like to have a big garden to grow my own food, and rent out the fields around me. Maybe keep 5 to 10 acres just for me, and have another 10 or 20 to rent out. I'd get the books I wrote published and start my own photography business. I don't need ton of stuff in order to be happy, but I do like the company of my animals. I'm a firm believer that what God gives to us, he does as a test to see whether we will be greedy and hoard it all for ourselves, or if we will live in Christ's image and share. Oh, I'd also travel. First to Ireland, then to England, to visit family, and from there I'd go to places like Australia, South America, Mexico, and all over the United States. I want to visit as many states as possible in my lifetime. And I'd like to enjoy my time in them. So far most of the states I've been to, I was there on business, or for something else and I didn't get to really enjoy myself. Oh, and I'd hire a tutor full time to homeschool my kids so I didn't have to do it, lol! I have more plans, but they seem to have slipped my mind for the moment...

7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Seriously, who doesn't have time for fantasies? At least while you sleep?

First order of business would be setting up college funds for the kids. So that no matter what STUPID decisions we might make, that at least is taken care of.

If that happened today *rubs lucky ticket* MY second order of business would be to CRUSH the stupid Taurus that YET AGAIN is having tranny problems. Ok, so I wouldn't crush it, I can't waste like that, but I would be calling the Purple Heart org, or one of the others and donating it right quick! Then I could get a vehicle that has A/C... and won't break down as I cruise around hunting for a piece of land (with at least 10 acres of woods to wander in) for us to put our Someday -woot for it being today instead of five years from now- Plans into effect. [​IMG]

8. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    I would give most of the money to my parents and tell them to build a house next to my grandparents' in northen Deleware.
    The only time I ever won the lottery was I won $2 when my dad let me scratch off the silver stuff on one of his lottery tickets. [​IMG]

9. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    I had a friend once who never played the lottery. She did, however, have her lottery winnings ALL mapped out - she knew to the last penny what was going to who or what. Her reasoning was this: she needed to know what to do with her money regardless of whether she had a lot of it or a little of it - either way, her priorities were going to be the same.

Pretty smart if you ask me.

10. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

If I won the lottery, I'd give every BYC member $100,000, but those who send me $100 today will get $200,000 for their investment in my well being until that lucky day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by