poly tri vitisol

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rhythmicgoldfish, Apr 10, 2009.

1. rhythmicgoldfish

rhythmicgoldfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Barrington
    someone mentioned using poly tri vitisol for preemie chicks to give them a boost (poly tri vitisol is an over the counter infant vitamin supplement for breastfed babies because they don't always get all the vitamins they need, particularly vitamin D in the cooler winter climates) has anyone used this? how well does it work would i use say 1 dropper per quart of water?

2. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    I used some of this for a pullet I had that was sick. I just used the droper and dropped a a droper full into her beak. I wouldn't know how much to use in the water. I would expiriment with it and see what works best.

3. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    I use this with my new chicks that seem a little week, or if they are having some leg problems, it works great. I highly recommend it.

4. Huny

Huny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Sunny Southern Arizona
    I gave them a drop a day straight to their beak. When I put some in their water, they got constipated ( think they got too much)

5. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    What will help if the chick makes it for a week. Feed it game bird starter instead of chick starter.
    It is the same only has more protien, chick starter is avout 22% protien where game bird starter is 30%. Your chicks will grow faster and be stronger.

6. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    it did great for my dd and peeps, but i used 2-3 drops to a quart waterer. dosage for dd was 1 dropper full per day, so you should dilute well.

7. rhythmicgoldfish

rhythmicgoldfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Barrington
    i looked online and none of the vit supliments that enfamilhas are iron free

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by